The current senator Amílcar Romero, would win the Senate seat with more than 58%; Juan Jose Rosario LDP dominates the race for mayor of San Francisco de Macoris with more than 50% of the vote.
PROVINCE DUARTE – According to the recent study of the firm ASISA Research Group, held today the elections for the senate of the Duarte Province, the candidate of the Dominican Liberation Party, Amilcar Romero, current Senator, would reach 58.8% of the vote followed by Siquio NG de la Rosa (PRM) with 40.2%; the other candidates grouped the remaining 1%.
The ASIPOLL study, completed on April 22, 2016, had a consolidated sample of 1300 working interviewed and expressing intention to exercise their vote, constituting a representative sample of voters Duarte Province including its head Municipio, San Francisco de Macoris.
Amílcar Romero (PLD) pointer remains in both constituencies especially in Constituency No. 2 in which reaches 61% versus 51% in Constituency # 1.
The candidate Siquio NG de la Rosa and PRM Partners, remains in second place in both constituencies, while the other candidates away from the two pointers significantly.
Similarly, the profile of the leading candidates to measure the critical characteristics of political leadership, on a scale from 1 to 10, favor significantly the candidate of the PLD, recording the highest averages in Trust (5.5), and perceived strength-popularity ( 5.5) .Semejante the intention to vote, the candidate of the PRM and Allies placed second in these features, especially as regards Closeness (4.4).
The survey conducted by the company ASISA, also measured assessment and discharge current Senator, obtaining an average rate of 5.3 in this assessment, including closeness, desempaño and confidence-inspiring for new management.
Positioning matches: Fortaleza – Sympathy and Partisan Vote:
The government party (PLD) takes hold in the popular imagination considered by 67% of respondents as the largest and most fans party in the country; in this line, the Modern Revolutionary Party (PRM) groups 31%, considering the majority party at the present time.
Similarly, 60% of respondents say that the LDP is the party to which they feel more sympathy, followed by 34% who expressed sympathy for the PRM. 4% do so by the PRD, while Alianza País reaches 2% in this line.
MAYOR OF SAN FRANCISCO de Macoris – Also according to a recent study by the firm ASISA Research Group, held today the elections for mayor of San Francisco de Macoris, the candidate of the Dominican Liberation Party, Juan Jose Rosario, reach 51 % of the votes followed by Alex Diaz (PRM) 44% other candidates achieved less than 1%, while there is still about 5% undecided.
Interestingly intended to vote consistently in different ballots is expressed: Without thinking about specific candidates, 60% say they would vote for the candidate of the PLD to the senate; 60% for the candidate of the same party for the presidency and 59% say it would also for the mayoral candidate of the same party.
current situation and expectations:
The survey also measured ASISA aspects of the local perception of the situation in the country and their town. In general, the opinions as to if things go the right way or wrong in the province, 56% say that their town is going in the right direction, while the other 44% say the opposite. Interestingly, when considering the country’s leadership make it more positively: 62% say going in the right direction while 38% say the opposite.
As for the main issues, voters placed Duarte Province, as in other provinces, primarily unemployment and lack of jobs, followed by insecurity and crime (32 and 16% respectively). Other important issues identified are: Lack of water, health services and stagnation of the economy (6% in all cases).
Shows & Methodology
1300 face surveys were conducted in households (face to face) with deft voters in Duarte Province, using a sampling method developed by Asisa “ultra multi-staged sampling dispersed” with a level of error +/- 3.97% and a level 95% confidence. The probability sampling method allows ultra-dispersed reduce the error variability, making a maximum of five surveys at each sampling point, resulting in greater confidence in the results to have greater geographical representation.
Asisa is an agency of Dominican origin that conducts market research and opinion in more than 50 cities on the continent. It began operations in 1988 and is currently one of the leading companies in its industry in the Caribbean. The company has customers in more than 40 countries and conducts market research and public opinion for more than 150 local companies, multinationals and institutions on the continent.
– END OF NOTE –
The current senator Amílcar Romero, would win the Senate seat with more than 58%; Juan Jose Rosario LDP dominates the race for mayor of San Francisco de Macoris with more than 50% of the votes